New York Institute of Finance
via Edx.org Platform
Online Educational Course “Understanding the Federal Reserve “
The course is about the structure and purpose of the Federal Reserve and how its actions impact not just the US economy, and financial institutions, but individual investors and savers alike.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Recognize the role and structure of the Federal Reserve (FED).
- Recognize the role and structure of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC).
- Define interest rate terminology:
- FED Fund Rate
- Discount Rate (Window)
- London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR)
- Identify the economic initiatives undertaken by the FED:
- Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)
- Quantitative Easing I, II, and III
- Recognize how the FED controls, owns, and manipulates the short end of the Yield Curve.
- Get familiarized with the product called Repurchase Agreement (Repo) and Reverse Repo.
- Recognize the process by which the Federal Reserve facilitates the fine-tuning of cash in the market using Repurchase Agreement (Repo).